Sunday, May 23, 2010

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Sugar Pecan Sauce

I don't know if this technically counts as a recipe because we get the Butternut Squash Ravioli from Costco. I came up with the Brown Sugar Pecan Sauce which is modified from the recipe on the back. This has become one of my husband's favorite meals. He is always asking me to make it and it is so easy. If you don't go to Costco, I'm not too sure where you can get Butternut Squash Ravioli but if you find it you should try it because it is delicious! This gets 5 STARS from our family.

8 to 10 Cooked Butternut Squash Raviolis
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cream
* I have also added maple sugar to this recipe before and it was great but I am guessing most people don't have maple sugar in their pantries. If you have it though, try adding some.

Toast pecans in a large fry pan on low heat just until they become fragrant and start turning color. Add butter and stir until melted. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir until brown sugar has begun to melt and whisk in cream. Allow sauce to simmer for a few minutes, stirring frequently. Spoon over cooked pasta and enjoy.



MAKE IT A MEAL: Believe it or not 4 or 5 raviolis are usually enough to fill us up but in order to get some diversity to the meal we usually have a small garden salad on the side.

1 comment:

  1. This was ABSOLUTELY a delicious sauce. I had to improvise a bit because I didn't make it to the grocery store to get a few items. Being single, I halved the recipe. I normally have cinnamon as a staple in my spice cabinet but I ran out last week. I substituted the cinnamon with allspice. Also, I didn't have cream in my refrigerator so I used skim milk and added 2 Tads of flour to thicken the sauce. In regards to the Tad, you may have seen these measuring spoons in maybe the big retail stores. They are cute measuring spoons labeled Tad, Smidgen, Drop, Dash, etc. I highly prefer this sauce over the packaged brown butter sage in the ravioli box. Thank you for sharing and I too have a passion for cooking and trying new recipes. Keep them coming. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete