Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mexican Cocolate Chicken Tacos

I know this sounds strange but in Mexico they have a sauce called mole that has chocolate in it so that's what gave me the courage to try this recipe. I'm glad I did because it has now become one of our regular meals. The original recipe serves the green sauce over the chicken and leaves it at that but we have found that we love this combination served up in a 6 inch taco. It's good either way. Give it a try!


2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp chili powder ( I don't really like spice so I use less then this)
2 tsp cocoa powder
2 tsp cinnamon

4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts

6 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp chopped green onion
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate
2 tsp finely chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
* I half this sauce and make one batch with the jalapeno for my husband and the other half without for me

6 inch corn or flour tortillas

Combine first 6 ingredients in small bowl.

Brush both sides of chicken with mixture. Cook chicken on grill until fully cooked (about 10 min on each side). Continue basting with sauce while cooking.

Combine remaining 6 ingredients in small bowl.

Slice chicken, place in tortilla and spoon cilantro sauce on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment