Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mom's Golden Nuget Meat Loaf

Growing up, I would always look forward to meat loaf night. I didn't even know that there were other types of meat loaf out there. Now, after tasting other meat loafs, I know why my mom stuck with this one. It is just so good! I always make mashed potatoes with meat loaf because they taste great with a little of the meat loaf sauce on them. I make 4 mini loafs with this recipe and my mom used to make two medium loafs. We don't cook half of the loafs and then put it in the freezer with half the sauce and it makes for an easy dinner latter that you can just throw in the oven.

2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup oats
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 cup grated cheese
1 lb hamburger

1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
2 Tbsp mustard

Preheat oven to 350. Mix first 8 ingredients together in a large bowl. Form into loafs and set aside. Combine ketchup, molasses and mustard and pour over loafs. Bake for 1 hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment